Easy easter finger puppets to make for kids or with kids.
I’ve come up with a lot of Easter crafts for kids over the years, and rarely do we ever make the same craft twice. It would certainly make things easy to repeat the same crafts year after year, but I’m not big on that. Part of the fun for me is coming up with NEW craft ideas for every holidays, however, THESE little guys are an exception. I break the rules, and I make a set of these pom pom and pipe cleaner finger puppets every Easter. Look at those little faces. How could I NOT make these every year?
These little guys are just too cute for words, aren’t they?
Oh my goodness. Look at those faces!
If you’re as smitten with these little guys as I am, I’m guessing you’ll be making a set for your house too! Want to know how to do it?
To make your Easter finger puppets, you’ll need:
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links.
- Chenille pipe cleaners
- Pom poms in assorted sizes
- googly eyes
- small yellow or orange pom poms can be used for beaks, but you can also use card-stock
- hot glue gun
See what I mean about using card-stock or pompoms for beaks? I made this set a couple of years ago, and for this little chick, I used a pom pom for the beak.
How to make a finger puppet with pipe cleaners and pom poms:
You can do this in whatever order you wish, but basically the steps are as follows:
- Glue eyes and nose or beak onto a large pom pom “head”.
- In a twisting motion, push a pom pom up into the bottom of the “head”, and secure in place with a tiny bit of hot glue.
- For wings: secure by twisting a length of pipe cleaner around the long pipe cleaner “body”. For bunny ears: push a couple of pipe cleaner loops into the top of the head and secure with a bit of hot glue.
- Twist pipe cleaner “body” around your finger several times to form a spiral. You may have to cut a bit off to shorten it to fit a child’s finger.
That’s all there is to it! An adorable set of Easter finger puppets for your little one!
If you’re looking for another adorable easter craft, be sure to check out our toilet roll chicks! They’re super-easy to make and pretty darn adorable too!
Follow the Hooligans on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, and click SUBSCRIBE in my sidebar to receive our posts by email!