We’ve made a LOT of different Easter crafts over the years because I kind of have a thing about making the same craft twice. I’m not big on doing that. Weird, I know. I’m the same way with books and movies. I break the rules for these little guys though! I make the hooligans a set of Easter finger puppets with pipe cleaners and pom poms almost every year. They’re just too cute and easy not too!
These little guys are just too cute for words, aren’t they?
Oh my goodness. Look at those faces!
If you’re as smitten with these little guys as I am, I’m guessing you’ll be making a set for your house too! Want to know how to do it?
To make your Easter finger puppets, you’ll need:
- Chenille pipe cleaners
- Pom poms in assorted sizes
- googly eyes
- small yellow or orange pom poms can be used for beaks, but you can also use card-stock
- hot glue gun
For your convenience, you can shop through my affiliate links.
You can do this in whatever order you wish, but basically the steps are as follows:
- Glue eyes and nose or beak onto a large pom pom “head”.
- In a twisting motion, push a pom pom up into the bottom of the “head”, and secure in place with a tiny bit of hot glue.
- For wings: secure by twisting a length of pipe cleaner around the long pipe cleaner “body”. For bunny ears: push a couple of pipe cleaner loops into the top of the head and secure with a bit of hot glue.
- Twist pipe cleaner “body” around your finger several times to form a spiral. You may have to cut a bit off to shorten it to fit a child’s finger.
That’s all there is to it! An adorable set of Easter finger puppets for your little one!
If you’re looking for another adorable easter craft, be sure to check out our toilet roll chicks! They’re super-easy to make and pretty darn adorable too!
Follow the Hooligans on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, and click SUBSCRIBE in my sidebar to receive our posts by email!