Easy Easter finger puppets for kids to make!
My toddlers and preschoolers have made a lot of adorable Easter crafts over the years, and rarely do we ever make the same craft twice. It would certainly make things easy to repeat the same crafts year after year, but I’m not big on that.
Part of the fun for me is coming up with NEW craft ideas for every holiday, however, THESE easy finger puppets are the exception. Every year, Easter, I make these pom pom and pipe cleaner finger puppets for the hooligans.
They’re quick, they’re simple, and just look at those little faces. How could I NOT make these every year? Plus, my little ones just love playing with puppets.
Aren’t they too cute for words? Those eyes!
Oh my goodness. They’re precious!
If you’re as smitten as I am with these little guys, I’m guessing you’ll be making a set for your house too!
Let me show you how to do it.
To make your Easter finger puppets, you’ll need:
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links.
- Chenille pipe cleaners
- Pom poms in assorted sizes
- googly eyes
- small yellow or orange pom poms can be used for beaks, but you can also use card-stock
- hot glue gun
How to make a finger puppet with pipe cleaners and pom poms:
- Glue eyes and nose or beak onto a large pom pom “head”.
- In a twisting motion, push a pom pom up into the bottom of the “head”, and secure in place with a tiny bit of hot glue.
- For wings: secure by twisting a length of pipe cleaner around the long pipe cleaner “body”. For bunny ears: push a couple of pipe cleaner loops into the top of the head and secure with a bit of hot glue.
- Twist pipe cleaner “body” around your finger several times to form a spiral. You may have to cut a bit off to shorten it to fit a child’s finger.
That’s all there is to it! An adorable set of Easter finger puppets for your little one!
More Easter crafts for toddlers and preschoolers:
Get the 3-5 Playful Preschool e-Book!
25+preschool activities by 25 bloggers, 10 printables, plus links to 50 additional crafts and activities all for $8.99!
Follow the Hooligans on Facebook
Jackie is a mom, wife, home daycare provider, and the creative spirit behind Happy Hooligans. She specializes in kids’ crafts and activities, easy recipes, and parenting. She began blogging in 2011, and today, Happy Hooligans inspires more than 2 million parents, caregivers and Early Years Professionals all over the globe.