Heart Shaped French Toast – a cute Valentine’s lunch idea for kids.
I love making cute holiday-themed lunches and treats for my daycare hooligans! Here’s a really cute kids’ lunch idea for Valentine’s Day: Heart shaped French Toast with cinnamon sugar. I’ve added a few cute heart-shaped sides to this lunch as well.
It’s always fun to serve food with a them on Valentines Day. I usually aim for as much red or pink food a I can, and of course, anything heart shaped is great too!
Heart Shaped shaped French Toast is just perfect for Valentines day and such an easy way to add a bit of fun to lunch time (or breakfast or dinner for that matter!
What you’ll need to make shaped French Toast:
- cookie cutter
- your favourite French Toast recipe (I’ll tell you how I made mine below)
- frying pan or skillet
- sugar and cinnamon
How to make our Valentines French Toast:
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the hearts from slices of whole wheat bread. I was just able to get 3 hearts out of each slice.
- Whisk together 2 eggs and about 2 tbsp of milk.
- Melt a bit of butter in the frying pan until you hear it sizzling.
- Dip each heart into the egg/milk mixture, and fry over medium heat, flipping them once, until they’re golden brown.
- Transfer them to a plate, and top with cinnamon-sugar and syrup.
To make lunch a little more festive, I served ham and strawberry hearts on the side.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Get my latest e-book: Fizz, Pop, Bang! Playful Science and Math Activities
40 hands-on, learning activities for kids ages 3-8. Recipes, experiments, art projects, printables and play ideas with links to 80 activities not featured in the book. Regularly $9.99, on sale for $7.99 until Nov. 9/14.
Jackie is a mom, wife, home daycare provider, and the creative spirit behind Happy Hooligans. She specializes in kids’ crafts and activities, easy recipes, and parenting. In 1997, Jackie stepped out of the corporate world to start a family and to open her own home daycare. She began blogging in 2011, and today, Happy Hooligans inspires more than 2 million parents, caregivers and Early Years Professionals all over the globe.