This no-knead, no-rise pizza dough is the best pizza dough when you want to make pizza from scratch but you don’t have a lot of time. It’s quick, easy and delicious. It’s the perfect dough for kids to make for individual pizzas, and it’s great for grown-up gourmet pizzas too.
Recently the hooligans and I made homemade pizza dough using this quick and easy recipe, and the results were absolutely delicious!
Now, we’ve made lots of interesting pizza crusts in the past, but this 20-minute dough is the quickest I’ve found so far because all you have to do is loosely stir the ingredients together. There’s no tiresome kneading, and no waiting for the dough to rise which is wonderful because A) it’s so easy the kids can practically make it themselves, and B) you can have homemade pizza without thinking ahead and allowing for the time it takes to make the dough.
If you start it now, and you’ll have hot, homemade pizza on your table in about 30 minutes.
You may also enjoy: Easy Homemade Pretzels
Now, I know what you’re thinking.
Yah, but how good does it taste?
Guys, the crust that this dough makes is REALLY good! Amazing actually, considering you can make it so quickly.
To make our quick and easy pizza dough, you’ll need:
- 1 pkg dry, active yeast (equivalent of 8g or .25 ounces or 2.25 tsp)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 2.5 cups bread flour (we use all-purpose flour)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In large bowl, stir yeast and sugar into the warm water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it looks creamy like it does in the picture below).
3. When yeast is frothy, add flour, salt and oil, and stir until well mixed. It will be loose and kind of messy looking. That’s ok. No need to form a smooth ball or anything.
4. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
5. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and roll or pat into one 12″ crust or 4 individual crusts.
6. Transfer to a pizza stone or a lightly oiled pan.
Topping your pizzas:
Now have the kids splash a little pizza sauce on to each crust and spread it around with the back of a spoon. Top with a handful of mozzarella cheese and whatever else you fancy. 🙂
Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes (large pizza) or 10-15 minutes (smaller pizzas).
With pizza dough this fast and easy, you’ll be able to whip up homemade pizzas anytime – lunchtime, after-school snacks, family movie night… any-old time you please!
If you enjoyed our no-rise pizza dough recipe, you may also like: