This quick and easy pizza dough is perfect when you’re making pizza with kids! From start to finish, it’s ready for the oven in 20 minutes! And it tastes GREAT too!
Recently the hooligans and I made homemade pizza for lunch, and the results were absolutely delicious! Most kids love helping in the kitchen, and most kids love pizza. What most kids don’t love however, is waiting. That’s why I love this dough! There’s no waiting around the dough to rise like you do with traditional pizza dough recipes. It’s fast. It’s easy. And you might just be surprised by how delicious it is!
To make our quick and easy pizza dough, you’ll need:
- 1 pkg dry, active yeast (equivalent of 8g or .25 ounces or 2.25 tsp)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 2.5 cups bread flour (we use all-purpose flour)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In large bowl, stir yeast and sugar into the warm water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it looks creamy like it does in the picture below).
3. When yeast is frothy, add flour, salt and oil, and stir until well mixed. It will be loose and kind of messy looking. That’s ok. No need to form a smooth ball or anything.
4. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
5. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and roll or pat into one 12″ crust or 4 individual crusts.
6. Transfer to a pizza stone or a lightly oiled pan.
Topping your pizzas:
Now have the kids splash a little pizza sauce on to each crust and spread it around with the back of a spoon. Top with a handful of mozzarella cheese and whatever else you fancy. 🙂
Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes (large pizza) or 10-15 minutes (smaller pizzas).
With pizza dough this fast and easy, you’ll be able to whip up homemade pizzas anytime – lunchtime, after-school snacks, family movie night… any-old time you please!
If you liked this post, you might also like our easy Bread Machine Dinner Rolls!