This NO-KNEAD, NO-RISE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE is quick and easy and makes a delicious homemade pizza crust. You just put your ingredients into a bowl, stir, and press it all into a pizza pan or onto a pizza stone. Top with your favourite toppings, pop it in the oven, and you’ll have homemade pizza in minutes.
I love homemade pizza crust but most pizza dough takes a long time to make.
No Kneading, No Rising
This pizza dough is recipe is quick and easy because there’s no kneading or rising involved. It tastes delicious too! Because this dough is so easy and fast to make, you can make it in minutes, just before serving lunch or dinner.
It’s a perfect dough for making kids’ mini pizzas, but we use it to make our grown-up gourmet pizzas too.
I love using this pizza dough recipe in my daycare because it’s such an easy way for the kids to make their own pizzas. Even the preschoolers can do it because there’s no time-consuming kneading involved. Plus, because you can make it so quickly, it’s the perfect pizza dough to whip up when you have a bunch of hungry kids to feed.
So quick but so good!
We’ve made lots of interesting pizza crusts in the past, but this recipe has become my favourite. I’ve never found another pizza dough that you can make as quickly that tastes this good.
It’s amazing considering it’s so easy to make.
Quick and Easy No-Knead, No-Rise Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 pkg dry, active yeast (equivalent of 8g or .25 ounces or 2.25 tsp)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 2.5 cups bread flour (we use all-purpose flour)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
To Make Your Pizza Dough
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In large bowl, stir yeast and sugar into the warm water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it looks creamy like it does in the picture below).
3. When the yeast is frothy, add the flour, salt and oil, and stir until well mixed.
At this point, your dough will be loose and messy looking. That’s ok. There’s no need to form a smooth ball like you would with traditional pizza dough recipes.
4. Let the dough mixture rest for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and roll or pat into one 12″ crust or 4 individual crusts.
6. Transfer to a pizza stone or a lightly oiled pizza pan.
Topping your pizzas:
Now have the kids splash a little pizza sauce on each crust and spread it around with the back of a spoon.
Top your pizza crust with a handful of mozzarella cheese and any other toppings you fancy.
Bake your pizza at 450ºF for 15-20 minutes (large pizza) or 10-15 minutes (smaller pizzas).
With pizza dough this fast and easy, you’ll be able to make homemade pizzas for lunch, dinner, after-school snacks or family movie night, any-old time you please!
No-Knead, No-Rise Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 pkg dry active yeast (equivalent of 8g or .25 ounces or 2.25 tsp)
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 cup warm water 110 degrees F
- 2.5 cups bread flour we use all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In large bowl, stir yeast and sugar in the warm water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it looks creamy and frothy.
- Add flour, salt and oil, and stir until well mixed.(Will be loose and messy looking).
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and roll or pat into one 12" crust or 4 individual crusts.
- Transfer to a pizza stone or a lightly oiled pizza pan.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust.
- Top with a handful of mozzarella cheese and various other pizza toppings
- Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes (large pizza) or 10-15 minutes (smaller pizzas).
If you enjoyed our no-rise pizza dough recipe, you may also like:
Follow the Hooligans on Facebook
Jackie is a mom, wife, home daycare provider, and the creative spirit behind Happy Hooligans. She specializes in kids’ crafts and activities, easy recipes, and parenting. She began blogging in 2011, and today, Happy Hooligans inspires more than 2 million parents, caregivers and Early Years Professionals all over the globe.