Heart Shaped French Toast – a cute Valentine’s food idea for kids.
I love making cute holiday-themed treats for my daycare hooligans! Here’s a really cute food idea for Valentine’s Day. Heart shaped French Toast with cinnamon sugar. I’ve added a few cute heart-shaped sides to this lunch as well.
For Valentine’s Day, I like to make our lunch and snacks special for the hooligans. You can click here to see some ideas we’ve used in the past.
Making French Toast in kid-friendly shapes is such an easy way to add a bit of fun to meal-time, or to make a themed meal extra-special. Click to see our Mitten French Toast. I made that last year for the hooligans on a very blustery winter day.
What you’ll need to make shaped French Toast:
- cookie cutter
- your favourite French Toast recipe (I’ll tell you how I made mine below)
- frying pan or skillet
- sugar and cinnamon
How to make our Valentines French Toast:
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the hearts from slices of whole wheat bread. I was just able to get 3 hearts out of each slice.
- Whisk together 2 eggs and about 2 tbsp of milk.
- Melt a bit of butter in the frying pan until you hear it sizzling.
- Dip each heart into the egg/milk mixture, and fry over medium heat, flipping them once, until they’re golden brown.
- Transfer them to a plate, and top with cinnamon-sugar and syrup.
To make lunch a little more festive, I served ham and strawberry hearts on the side.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Get my latest e-book: Fizz, Pop, Bang! Playful Science and Math Activities
40 hands-on, learning activities for kids ages 3-8. Recipes, experiments, art projects, printables and play ideas with links to 80 activities not featured in the book. Regularly $9.99, on sale for $7.99 until Nov. 9/14.