Heart Shaped French Toast – a cute Valentine’s food idea for kids.
This is a cute food idea for Valentine’s Day. Heart shaped French Toast with cinnamon sugar. I’ve added a few cute heart-shaped sides to this lunch as well.
For Valentine’s Day, I like to make our lunch and snacks special for the hooligans. You can click here to see some ideas we’ve used in the past.
Making French Toast in kid-friendly shapes is such an easy way to add a bit of fun to meal-time, or to make a themed meal extra-special. Click to see our Mitten French Toast. I made that last year for the hooligans on a very blustery winter day.
What you’ll need to make shaped French Toast:
- cookie cutter
- your favourite French Toast recipe (I’ll tell you how I made mine below)
- frying pan or skillet
- sugar and cinnamon
How to make our Valentines French Toast:
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the hearts from slices of whole wheat bread. I was just able to get 3 hearts out of each slice.
- Whisk together 2 eggs and about 2 tbsp of milk.
- Melt a bit of butter in the frying pan until you hear it sizzling.
- Dip each heart into the egg/milk mixture, and fry over medium heat, flipping them once, until they’re golden brown.
- Transfer them to a plate, and top with cinnamon-sugar and syrup.
To make lunch a little more festive, I served ham and strawberry hearts on the side.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Follow the Hooligans on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, and click SUBSCRIBE in my sidebar to receive our posts by email!