Oh my goodness. See what I mean? Look at those faces!
I make these finger puppets for the hooligans every year at Easter. I whipped this set up this morning, and if you’re as smitten with these little guys as I am, I’m guessing you’ll be making a set for your house too!
Gather your supplies:
- Chenille pipe cleaners
- Pom poms in assorted sizes
- googly eyes
- small yellow or orange pom poms can be used for beaks, but you can also use card-stock
- hot glue gun
For your convenience, I’m including Amazon Associate links in this post.
You can do this in whatever order you wish, but basically the steps are as follows:
- Glue eyes and nose or beak onto a large pom pom “head”.
- In a twisting motion, push a pom pom up into the bottom of the “head”, and secure in place with a tiny bit of hot glue.
- For wings: secure by twisting a length of pipe cleaner around the long pipe cleaner “body”. For bunny ears: push a couple of pipe cleaner loops into the top of the head and secure with a bit of hot glue.
- Twist pipe cleaner “body” around your finger several times to form a spiral. You may have to cut a bit off to shorten it to fit a child’s finger.
If you’re looking for another adorable easter craft, be sure to check out our toilet roll chicks! They’re super-easy to make and pretty darn adorable too!