This Wine Cork Santas Ornament is quick and easy to make. Hang it on your tree, or give it as an add-on if you’re giving a bottle of wine this Christmas. (Be sure to check out our wine cork nutcracker heads too!)
If you hadn’t noticed, we’re on a bit of a wine cork craft kick here.
Now, you might be wondering just how much wine-drinking goes on here, but honestly, my friends collected a huge bucket of corks for me a few years ago, thinking we could use them for crafts here in m daycare, and we certainly have.
We’ve made a ton of crafts with them (I’ve listed a few at the bottom of this post), and we use them in our sensory bins and water bins. We’ve even used them for stamping.
They’ve come in very handy indeed.
Our latest cork craft is this adorable santa ornament. Or should I say double Santa ornament: two sweet Santa faces suspended together on a string so you can drape them over a branch on your Christmas tree.
I’ve actually had them hanging from a knob on my china cabinet for the past week, and they looked pretty cute there too.
Give as an add-on with a bottle of wine!
Wouldn’t these be great add-on gifts to give when you’re giving a bottle of wine this Christmas?
I’ll show you how to make them. They’re quick (once the paint dries), and super-easy.
- 2 wine corks
- red paint, flesh-coloured paint
- craft varnish (optional)
- pom pom
- cotton balls
- googly eyes
- craft gems
- metallic thread for hanging
How to Make Wine Cork Santas:
- Paint the top half of the wine corks red and the bottom half flesh-coloured. Allow to dry.
- Once dry, brush a coat of clear craft varnish over the cork if you want to add some sheen and protection.
- Glue a pom pom to the top of the Santas’ hats.
- Stretch out a cotton ball, and glue that across the bottom of the hat.
- Glue on a couple of eyes and a red jewel nose.
- Glue another cotton ball on for a beard.
- Attach the two Santas by gluing your hanging string to the tops of both of your houses.
Cheers and happy crafting!
‘See all of our adorable Christmas crafts here!
More Wine Cork Crafts to give with a bottle of wine:
Jackie is a mom, wife, home daycare provider, and the creative spirit behind Happy Hooligans. She specializes in kids’ crafts and activities, easy recipes, and parenting. She began blogging in 2011, and today, Happy Hooligans inspires more than 2 million parents, caregivers and Early Years Professionals all over the globe.