You’ll need some cardboard, tin-foil, tissue paper, mod-podge, glue and craft jewels. I generally try to re-use and re-cycle things we have around the house when we’re crafting, but every once in a while I “splurge” on some specialty items like googly eyes, pipe-cleaners and these awesome jewels. The dollar store usually has a great selection of these little gems, and you can get a bag of them for a buck or two.
Ok, back to business:
- Cut out a cardboard heart, and cover it with tin-foil.
- Cover the tin-foil with mod-podge
- Stick small squares of tissue paper into the mod-podge, but leave some foil un-covered.
- Apply another layer of mod-podge (carefully – the tissue paper is delicate).
- Once your mod-podge has dried, get busy with your glue and your jewels.
Ta-da…. I love that something this beautiful can be made with such basic materials!