Festive Winter Bark is a holiday favourite at hour house. It just wouldn’t be Christmas here with out a batch or two of this simple but crazy-delicious treat. My oldest son named it ‘Coral Reef’ when he was younger, because of the way it looks. A little silly maybe, but it stuck, and that’s what we all call it now. Around the holidays, I usually whip up 2 batches: one for us, and one to package up for teachers, friends and neighbours.
Ok, here we go! 4 ingredients. So simple!
- 1 c. flaked coconut (toasted)
- 1 c. slivered almonds (toasted)
- 1 & 1/2 lbs (3 cups) white merkins disks
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper (let the paper hang over the ends of the baking sheet).
- Toast nuts and coconut until light golden brown.
- Melt white discs in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well after each 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Combine nuts and coconut, and set half of the mixture aside.
- Stir Rice Krispies and half of the nut/coconut mixture into the melted discs.
- Pour and spread all of it over your baking sheet, and top with the reserved half of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the reserved nuts/coconut over the bark, and gently press it in a bit with the back of a spoon or your fingers. If you’re using your fingers, wet them with cold water first to prevent everything from sticking to them.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes until set. Break it up into pieces. Done!