White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies: sweet but tart, crisp but chewy. A cookie-lover’s dream!
Is there a more decadent combination than white chocolate and dried cranberries? I’m a sucker for anything that contains white chocolate. Pair it with tart, tangy, dried cranberries, and ohhhh, baby, I’m in heaven!
Remember my Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip and Canberry Cookies? Mmmm! Those are amazing too. I tend to make those cookies around the holidays though. That recipe yields a crazy amount of cookies (like 8 dozen or something), so it’s perfect if you like to bake for friends, neighbours and teachers at Christmas-time.
The cookies you see here are much quicker to make! They’re totally delicious, and the recipe yields a mere 2 dozen cookies. Much more practical for every day baking!
Ok! Let’s get started!
Ingredients for White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies:
- 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine (I personally use 1/2 cup butter plus 1/4 cup margarine)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.75 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking SODA
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Let’s bake those cookies!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, with electric beaters, blend butter/margarine, sugars, egg and vanilla until smooth.
3. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda.
4. Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries
5. Drop by rounded tsp on baking stone or ungreased baking sheet. Space about 2 inches apart.
Bake until lightly browned (12-15 minutes). Wait a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Pour yourself a tall glass of milk, pile a few cookies on a plate, and sit back and enjoy!
Looking for more recipes? You might like my:
Get the 3-5 Playful Preschool e-Book!
25+preschool activities by 25 bloggers, 10 printables, 50 links to activities not featured in the book all for $8.99!