These white chocolate chip and cranberry cookies are one of my favourite cookies to make for Christmas but they’re amazing any time of year. The tart taste of cranberries burst through the cookie’s sweetness, and they’re the perfect combination of crispy and chewy.
White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookie Recipe
Is there a more decadent combination than white chocolate and dried cranberries? I’m a sucker for anything that contains white chocolate. Pair it with tart, tangy, dried cranberries, and ohhhh, baby, I’m in heaven!
Remember my Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip and Canberry Cookies? Mmmm! Those are amazing too. I tend to make those cookies around the holidays though. That recipe yields a crazy amount of cookies (like 8 dozen or something), so it’s perfect if you like to bake for friends, neighbours and teachers at Christmas-time.
The cookies you see here are much quicker to make! They’re totally delicious, and the recipe yields a mere 2 dozen cookies. Much more practical for every day baking!
Ok! Let’s get started!
Ingredients for White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies:
Measurements can be found in the printable recipe card below
- softened butter or margarine
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking SODA
- dried cranberries
- white chocolate chips
How to make White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, with electric beaters, blend butter/margarine, sugars, egg and vanilla until smooth.
3. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda.
4. Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries
5. Drop by rounded tsp on baking stone or ungreased baking sheet. Space about 2 inches apart.
Bake until lightly browned (12-15 minutes). Wait a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Pour yourself a tall glass of milk, pile a few cookies on a plate, and sit back and enjoy!
One of our favourite cookies ever. The combination of tart cranberries and sweet white chocolate is divine.
- 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine (I personally use 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup margarine)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.75 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking SODA
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, with electric beaters, blend butter/margarine, sugars, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries
- Drop by rounded tsp on baking stone or un-greased baking sheet.
- Space about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned (12-15 minutes).
- Wait a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
More of our BEST Cookie Recipes:
Get the 3-5 Playful Preschool e-Book!
25+preschool activities by 25 bloggers, 10 printables, 50 links to activities not featured in the book all for $8.99!
Follow the Hooligans on Facebook
Jackie is a mom, wife, home daycare provider, and the creative spirit behind Happy Hooligans. She specializes in kids’ crafts and activities, easy recipes, and parenting. She began blogging in 2011, and today, Happy Hooligans inspires more than 2 million parents, caregivers and Early Years Professionals all over the globe.