If you’re looking for fun and easy Father’s Day crafts, here’s another great one. Kids can tell Dad he’s one cool guy with this adorable popsicle Father’s Day card.
This popsicle Father’s Day card is fun and easy for kids of all ages to make. Toddlers and preschoolers will love this simple process used to colour the paper towel popsicles, and older kids will enjoy making the craft from start to finish.
Do you remember the tie-dyed tee shirt cards we made for Father’s Day last year? Well, we used the leftover paper towels from that craft to make these cards.
Popsicle cards it is!
You may also like: 12+ Cool Homemade Father’s Day Gifts
To make our popsicle Father’s Day cards, you’ll need:
- paper towels
- liquid watercolours
- medicine droppers or pipettes (you can also use a paintbrush)
- popsicle sticks
- card stock & markers
Making these cards couldn’t be any easier!
- To dye your paper towels, drip watercolours all over them like we did here. Note: If your watercolours are too dark at full strength, dilute them with a bit of water to get light, bright, popsicle colours.
- When your paper towels are dry, cut out your popsicle shapes.
- Fold a piece of card stock in half to make your card.
- Glue two wooden popsicle sticks to the front of the card, and glue your colourful popsicle over top.
- Write a “COOL” message for dad!
Happy Father’s Day to all the “cool Pops” out there!
You may also like:
CLICK HERE to get the 3-5 Playful Preschool e-Book!
25+ Preschool activities by 25 bloggers, 10 printables, 50 links to activities not featured in the book.
Follow the Hooligans on Facebook!
Jackie is a mom, wife, home daycare provider, and the creative spirit behind Happy Hooligans. She specializes in kids’ crafts and activities, easy recipes, and parenting. She began blogging in 2011, and today, Happy Hooligans inspires more than 2 million parents, caregivers and Early Years Professionals all over the globe.