It feels like winter might well and truly be over, so we’ve been focusing on Spring crafts here. We’ve made tissue paper butterflies, paper towel butterflies, butterfly magnets. Last week, in keeping with our theme, I made these simple and sweet Banana-Graham Butterfly snacks for the hooligans. They were easy to make, and the perfect treat for celebrating the arrival of Spring.
- one banana
- 2 graham crackers
- 2 chocolate chip “eyes”
- smarties or m&m’s
- peanut butter
- antennae: toothpicks or coffee stir sticks
To assemble your butterfly:
- Peel a banana and cut a slit into each side. With the tip of your knife, scoop out a small amount of the fruit. Set the banana aside for a moment.
- Spread a small amount of peanut butter on each smartie, and stick them onto the graham crackers.
- Gently press each cracker into the sides of the banana.
- With a tiny amount of peanut butter, attach the chocolate chips to the front of the banana butterfly.
- Trim your antennae to about 2 inches in length, and pop them into the top of the banana.
If this is your first visit to Happy Hooligans, I’d love for you to pop over and LIKE us on facebook. I update my page daily with easy and affordable arts, crafts and play ideas.
You can follow me on Pinterest too! I have over 90 boards dedicated to all kinds of kids’ crafts and activities, as well as some personal interest boards too.
See you there!