Luscious Lemon Delight
This classic, layered lemon dessert is easy to make, and will take you right back to your childhood.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup ground or finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter melted
Lemon Delight Layers:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2½ Cups thawed Cool Whip link to homemade Cool Whip recipe below
- 2 small pkgs instant lemon pudding approx 99 grams each
- 1 tbsp lemon juice optional for extra tartness
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup icing sugar aka powdered sugar or confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp finely chopped pecans for topping
Combine flour, chopped pecans and melted butter.
Make sure your pecans are either ground or chopped very finely so crust holds together nicely.
Stir together until well-blended and crumbly.
Press into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes and let cool completely
Cream Cheese and Layer:
With electric beaters, mix the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
Fold in 1 cup of Cool Whip and spread this mixture over crust, working slowly if crust crumbles easily.
Lemon Pudding Layer:
Whisk together the pudding packets and milk.
Add lemon juice and continue to stir until thick.
Spread pudding mixture over cream cheese layer.
Cool Whip Layer:
Spoon remaining Cool Whip over the pudding layer
Sprinkle a with finely chopped pecans.
Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 161mg | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 0.7mg