Crazy-Good Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Looking for the best carrot cake recipe? Your search is over. You won't find a better carrot cake with cream cheese icing than this one.
Servings: 20 people
- 2 cups all purpose flour (can substitute 1 cup of the AP flour with 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 tsp EACH baking powder & baking soda
- 1 tsp EACH salt & cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 oz cream cheese (half-brick)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups icing sugar (confectioners/powdered sugar)
To make your Cake:
Pre-heat oven to 325ºF
Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Add carrots, eggs and oil
Beat on high with electric beaters, for 2 minutes.
Pour into sprayed 9x13 baking dish or cake pan
Bake at 325ºF for 50-60 minutes (check for doneness at 50 mins)
Let cake cool before icing.
To make your icing:
Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric beaters until well-blended.
Gradually add icing sugar 1/2 cup at a time, and beat until smooth and creamy.
Slather frosting on top of cooled cake.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 92mg | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 3385IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.8mg