Are you tired of sending your kids off to school with the same boring lunch every day? Maybe you missed the list of 50 non-sandwich lunch ideas I shared a while back.
Well don’t fret. I have 30+ more fun lunch ideas for kids to share with you today, and there isn’t a traditional sandwich in this bunch either!
Thanks to my Facebook followers sharing their kids’ favourite lunch ideas, you’ll be able to keep your kids lunch boxes inviting, and exciting for the rest of the school year!
30+ Fun and Easy Lunch Ideas for Kids
- Pizza pinwheels are terrific for lunch: just make our quick and easy pizza dough, add toppings, roll it, bake it, and cut it up.
- Homemade lunchables: much cheaper than store-bought, and you can make them healthier too.
- Whole wheat tortillas with cream cheese & jam
- Pasta shapes with veg, ham, butter and parm
- Muffins instead of sandwiches – grate carrots or zucchini in for extra nutrition
- Shredded cabbage salads, potato salad, pasta salad… really any salads are going to be great
- Wraps filled with leftovers. My son will eat almost any leftovers rolled up in a wrap
- Tortilla chips with beans, salsa and cheese (in separate containers)
- Pizza Rolls or Pepperoni rolls (just put pepperoni in bread dough & bake!)
- Lettuce “Sandwiches” (use lettuce instead of bread)
- Cubed grilled chicken – it’s easy to grill up a chicken breast the night before
- Cheese & crackers
- Cut up fruit (pineapple, strawberries, melon) with a tub of yogurt to dip in
- Apples and Peanut butter – Slice the apples and send them with a container of peanut butter. If peanuts are banned at your school, try Sun Butter or Pea Butter.
- Fruit salad and greek yogurt
- Leftovers – anything that they had for dinner can be popped into a thermos the next day.
- Tequitos (black bean and salsa) – wrap in foil, and tuck into a thermos keep warm.
- Zoodles or ravioli in a thermos (always my go-to when I’m in a pinch)
- Meatballs (you can make BBQ meatballs, swedish meatballs or italian meatballs)
- Tuna & mayonnaise salad (mix tuna & mayo and place on salad)
- Turkey & ranch wrap – Spice it up by giving your kids dressing to add right before lunch.
- Rice crackers with cream cheese
- Leftover pizza
- Hummas with pita chips and cubes of cheese
- Homemade trail mix – Use whatever is in your pantry, plus a few chocolate chips!
- Peanut butter banana boats
- Cheese, cut into a variety of shapes (or you can buy the shapes pre-cut at the store)
- Peanut butter & jelly sushi rolls. Our boys LOVED this when they were younger. Flatten a piece of bread with a rolling pin. Layer it with pb & j. Roll it up like sushi. Cut it in half, to make two smaller rolls.
- Try these soup recipes for a healthy, filling lunch. Send a container of fishy crackers to add in. !
- Of course, you’ll want to add in their favourite treat! Pumpkin chip cookies and Crazy Banana Cake are always popular with the kids.
You may also enjoy: