Yesterday I dug through my husband’s stash of plumbing supplies, and collected a few bits and pieces, and added them to the bin of water that the Hooligans were playing in, to see if anyone was interested in them.
Today, I decided to take it up a notch.
I set up a water station specifically for these plumbing pieces: I filled a clear storage bin with red water, and another couple of big bowls with coloured water. I added clear cups for pouring, and a few funnels to make things a little more interesting. I really didn’t know if it would hold their attention for long. It certainly didn’t look terribly exciting, but I’m not kidding you, they played at this station for an hour and a half this morning.
They poured, they colour mixed, they put pieces of pipe together,
And I love that something so simple and inexpensive keeps them learning, laughing, experimenting and having fun.